Vigorous analytical and physical testing of custom color formulas is performed in-house with our state-of-the-art lab equipment.
Following ASTM standards, we provide real world predictions of our technology’s long-term impact on customer products through key values such as:
Melt Flow Index
- Finding and maintaining proper melt flow plays a vital role in product performance.
- We verify melt flow to your specification in product design and all production lots.
Notched IZOD Test
- Impact strength is an important aspect of your compound.
- This test confirms a compound is designed to your specifications and maintains impact in all subsequent production lots.
- Two accelerated weathering chambers, QUV and Xenon Arc, simulate a part’s lifetime exposure to harsh outdoor weathering conditions.
- This data confirms the best pigments for exposed parts to maintain great long-term color hold.
Heat Build Up Testing
- We can determine how much heat a specific color will gain from sunlight exposure.
- This data aids in selecting pigments that minimize heat gain, reducing the chance for failures (ex: distortion).
Our lab also contains a full range of spectrophotometers that support accurate color curve identification for precise color matches.
Contact Us for Comprehensive Testing in Color Design
Contact us for in-depth testing of premium color products designed to your manufacturing requirements. Lanier Color will improve your processes and product performance with our customized solutions.